1. Gather Wrapping Materials.
Wrapping paper, scissors, tape and preferably a gift of some sort.
Ribbon and bows are optional extras and always look lovely.
2. Place the paper face down, then place the item face down in the centre of the paper.
3. Measure and cut the paper to cover the entire box.
4. Fold one side of the paper over the box, to the half way point and secure to the bottom of the box with tape.
5. Fold over the last centimetre or two of the second side of paper, before bringing up and over the first, to create a cleaner edge.
For an even cleaner look, you could use double-sided tape.
6. Tape down the seams at the edges of the gift to make folding the edges easier.
7. Fold the paper on each side of the gift.
Starting on one end, fold down the top flap onto the side of the box, creating two little wings at the side.
Flatten those in against the box, then fold the remaining triangle of paper up against the box.
Fasten it in place with tape.
8. Repeat this process on the other end of the present.
It may be easier to stand the box on the folded end to complete this stage.
9. Add any finishing touches like ribbon or bows.
Do you have your own tips or tricks for present wrapping? Let us know in the comments or via twitter or facebook.